It’s been a busy few weeks as the Beacon Quality product team rolled out updates 1.32 and 1.33 with new features to help make layered process audits (LPAs) more efficient and effective. Learn about our new home page, PDF Export and more.
Home Page Update
“The home page is of course the first thing you see when logging into Beacon Quality. With that in mind, the product team has been speaking with customers to better understand what information and actions would be most valuable.” said Paul Foster, Beacon Quality Product Manager. “As a result, we’re excited to release the first iteration of a home page evolution which aims to bring more actionable insights for users.”
The new home page includes:
- Search, sort and filter: With the new search and list view, users can more quickly identify critical tasks such as overdue corrective actions. You can filter and sort by activity name, type or location as well as sort by due date and status. The list even gets automatically grouped using the most logical category depending on the sort field. For example, if you sort by Due Date, it will group the tasks and activities by date for improved readability.
- Summary cards: Instead of panels showing up at the bottom of the home page, users now see at-a-glance informational cards at the top displaying information such as past due and missed audits in the past 30 days. Replacing these information-dense panels with top-level summary details will help users keep top LPA metrics front and center.
In addition to making Beacon Quality easier to use, the new home page will be an improvement over the previous version in terms of maintenance, stability and performance.
Export to PDF Feature
Another new feature is the ability to export audit results and corrective actions to clean, printer-friendly PDF formats. Whether it’s to post to a status board on the plant floor or simply to file or share with customers, the new PDF export format has a cleaner design and can include print-appropriate photos.
New Supported Languages
To support our growing global customer base, we’re continuing to add more and more languages. Following on from Russian and Dutch in September, Beacon Quality now supports Arabic and Turkish.
Other new enhancements in Beacon Quality Releases 1.32 and 1.33 include:
- System administrators can now access achievement badge information for every user
- A Findings menu where users will find Open Mitigations, All Mitigations and Corrective Action report pages
- Number of Days Open column on Corrective Action List view
- Audit Results, Conduct Audit and Corrective Action details page consistent for mobile and small form web browsers
- Breadcrumbs when accessing Corrective Actions from Emails
- Contextual page titles within the web interface and mobile app
- Improved help, terms and privacy visibility to meet new compliance requirements
- Validation task status column added to Corrective Action List view
- Locations dropdown menu sorted alphabetically and only displays locations in scope when initiating a new audit
Both recent releases addressed a number of customer-reported issues, details of which can be found in the release notes within Beacon Quality.
If you have any questions or would like to offer feedback, please email: email@example.com.